Tuesday, March 27, 2012

How to beat a bad case of the Mondays

It's been a while since anything exciting happened. Last week, I received two packages and some letters. The first package was from my amazing friend Andrea, of whom I am so proud. For those who don't know her, she's pretty much a rock star and I am so lucky to have her in my life. She totally brightened up my day (which was grey and rainy, a la Oregon; I was not amused) with her gift of silly things, chocolate, baked goods, Toy Story stickers, and much more. The other package was from my beautiful Pi Phi sisters, who sent me some magazines, American candy, Easy Mac (which came in very handy this weekend), and most importantly, tons of kind letters that made me feel so loved and missed that I nearly cried. I miss them all so much and it was such a nice reminder that sisterhood knows no limits. I am so thankful for the awesome people in my life, and I don't know where I'd be without them.
All the things one needs to cheer them up :)
My sisters have really nice things to say and really nice handwriting :)

On Friday night, Marijke decided to heat things up in the flat and have a giant game of Lava Floor. From 5-8 pm, we lit lots of candles, turned all the heaters up, had red and orange balloons flying around all over the place, and very strict rules about where we could and couldn't step. We played loud music and danced all over the place, and had a blast reliving our childhood in a much more grown-up manner.


After last week's fun, this week was seeming pretty dismal. I didn't get much sleep Saturday night, and this week is crazy busy with midterm tests and papers. Monday rolled around and I was just not feeling good. We were supposed to get Indian food on Sunday for lunch but the three places we went were closed, so we settled for some mediocre Thai food instead. On Monday I asked Sarah if she wanted to go get Indian for lunch and she said yes, as did Marijke and Aman. We ended up having a great spontaneous flat outing. We got Indian food for lunch, then walked to the mall where we went to a fun little chocolate shop, where Aman and Sarah split the chocolate fondue and I got a warmed brownie with molten chocolate on it. Mmmmm. So tasty. As we were leaving the mall, we decided to stop by and see what movies were playing and it turned out that we were just in time for "21 Jump Street." I have to admit, I was quite skeptical at first but it ended up being extremely funny and I think we all had a great time. So, moral of the story: when life gets you down, go have spontaneous adventures to cheer you up.

And now off to my first midterm... wish me luck... 


No comments:

Post a Comment